January 6, 2010

Late for nothing

We left Antigua today, finally. Once you have seen one colonial town, it gets a bit repetitive. Beautiful, they are but it is about time we move along.

After the long trek via private van, public bus, boat cross at Lake Izabal...we finally made it. We got to our little jungle bungalows and the little treehouse looking rooms are reminiscent of cabin-camping complete with the single communal bathroom shared amongst all who are staying there. Of course, except we would then be camping in Guatemala. Neither of the activities offered in this town excited me. Horseback riding would have been fun but it is cold these days and with nothing much to actually see on the ride, it did not seem worth it to go. I decided tomorrow would be a me day. Chill on my own and adventure around the premises of the hotel. This place is like a secluded island and in order to get into town, a 5 minute ferry is needed to get across the lake. There's not much to do here so maybe this will help force me to catch up on my journal and reflect on how it's all been going so far. The pace of this trip has definitely changed in the past couple of days. Before, things were go-go-go...and now it's more like go-if-you-need-to. I don't mind it, it's different.



The group all had dinner together and we played card games (asshole) until late in the evening. We all walked towards our rooms at the end of the night. I went to bed knowing that tomorrow, i would be going to a communal bathroom. I went to bed knowing that tomorrow, I would be be late for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment