December 28, 2009

Do you like kung fu movies?


I woke up almost suffocating. The air was thick and humid and the smell inside the room was strong and uncomfortable. It was unbearable to the point where i picked up my sleeping-bag liner and decided sleeping outside would be cleaner. I lasted by the beach for about 45 min until my pansy ass got scared by the rustling noises from critters. Not knowing anything about my surroundings, i realized that it wasn't smart for me to just pull out of my shelter and sleep in the open. Thoughts of the movie 'Touristas' just kept popping in my mind. I'd like to come back home with all my organs, so it was back to the gross room for me. I put on the air conditioner and tried to sleep again.

I woke up early to catch the sunrise, though my main reason for waking up early was to get out of the room. I soaked in the sun and swam in the ocean. After getting darker, i found shelter back in the room (with my door wide open) and watched HTV. This was like the Hispanic version of MTV...except they actually played music.

By the early afternoon, we headed out of El Cuco and were on the road to Suchitoto. Our van stopped in the town of San Jose to go to the bank which was inside the mall. We were given 45 minutes to wander around the mall and do what we needed to do. On my way to the van, I was distracted by a jewellery kiosk. The young guy working behind the counter struck up a conversation with my very fast. He asked what other languages i spoke which, i assume, is his way of asking where I'm from. We talked about everything from kung fu movies, views on heaven, reincarnation, relationships, and homosexuality. I wish I could have stayed and continued to see what else we would talk about but i eventually did have to go back to the van and continue the drive.

We get into Suchitoto and it's very cute! It's like Granada but not nearly as much tourists or people. The people here are extremely nice and i already know that my free day tomorrow will be filled wandering the plaza doing a whole lot of nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment